Second year in PhD
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
Philosophy of Emotion
Emory University, Philosophy, Ph.D., 2022 (Expected – in coursework)
Western University, Theory and Criticism, M.A., 2017
Western University, Philosophy and Women’s Studies, B.A., 2014
L’Université de Saint-Boniface, Explore Canada: B1-2 Certificat de la langue française, 2015
Universität Konstanz, OBW Lake Constance School: A1 Deutsche Sprache Zertifikat, 2013
SELECTED SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES
- SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship, 2017 – 2020
- SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier Doctoral Scholarship, declined, 2017 – 2020
- Laney Graduate School Fellowship, 2017 – 2022
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 2015 – 2016
- SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Master’s Scholarship, 2014 – 2015
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, declined, 2014 – 2015
- Highly Commended Entrant in international award program, The Undergraduate Awards, 2014
- Gold Medal, Women’s Studies and Feminist Research Dept., 2014
- Chair’s Annual Essay Prize, Philosophy Dept., 2014
- The Shrimati Lajjawati Pathak Scholarship in Women’s Studies, 2013
Breached Horizons: The Philosophy of Jean-Luc Marion. Co-edited with Antonio Calcagno, Kathryn Lawson, and Steve G. Lofts (Rowman and Littlefield International, 2017).
“Anticipatory Grief and Perceptions of the Future.” Chiasma: A Site for Thought (Volume 3, Article 5, 2016).
“Freedom, Contingency, and the Death of the World: A Question of Ethical Openings in Being and Time,” The 2017 CAREP Conference on Heidegger: Dwelling, Thinking, and the Ethical Life, London, Canada, October 27-29, 2017.
“Living in-between: the world-shifting experience of loss,” The Canadian Hermeneutic Institute, Ramada Hotel, Toronto, Canada, June 16, 2016.
“Levels and Horizons: A Brief Exploration of the Possibility for a Phenomenology of Place,” The 2014 Undergraduate Awards, Google EU Headquarters, Dublin, Ireland, November 21, 2014.
“Wege nicht Werke: an Auseinandersetzung with the Sache and language of Heidegger’s thought,” The Later Heidegger on Language, Art, and Technology Conference, King’s University College at Western University, London, Ontario, April 10, 2014.
“Judith Butler on Performativity: Phenomenology and Feminist Theory” in “Modern and Postmodern Philosophy” undergraduate Philosophy course at King’s University College at Western University, April 4th, 2017.
“Heidegger’s Being and Time” in “Modern and Postmodern Philosophy” undergraduate Philosophy course at King’s University College at Western University, March 9th, 2017.
“Substitution in Otherwise than Being” in “Levinas” graduate/undergraduate Philosophy course at King’s University College at Western University, November 2014.
“In between what once was and what is yet to come: On the Phenomena of Bereavement and Grieving,” Philosophy Forum at Emory, March 30, 2017.
“Overcoming the Dichotomy of Choice and Motivation: The Will,” a response to “On Resolving the Priority Problem” by Thomas E. Randall, November 2015.
PHIL 134: “Philosophy of Human Nature” (for Prof. Cynthia Willett), Emory University, Fall 2018.
WS 2283: “Desiring Women” (for Dr. Andrea Allen), Western University, Winter 2016.
- President, Friday Philosophy Forum, Emory University (2018 – 2019)
- Deputy Editor, Chiasma: A Site for Thought, Western University (2016 – 2017).
- Research Assistant to Professor Bipasha Baruah on project “Social Innovation and Gender Equality,” Western University (May 2017 – July 2017).
- Research Assistant to Professor Helen Fielding for book “Feminist Phenomenology Futures” (Indiana University Press, 2017), Western University (July 2016 – September 2016, March – July 2017).