Third Year PhD Student
PhD Philosophy, Emory University, 2018 – Present
MA Public Policy, Philosophy, and Social Policy, George Washington University, 2018
BA Political Science (Minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies), Boston University, 2015
- Phenomenology (esp. Husserl)
- Critical Phenomenology
- Feminist Philosophy
- Social and Political Philosophy
Selected Honors and Awards
- Laney Graduate Fellowship, 2018 – 2023
- George Washington University Columbian Women’s Scholarship, 2017
- Cory L. Richards Memorial Scholarship, 2017
- GWU College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Fellowship, 2016 – 2018
- BU Today Student Spotlight Recipient, 2015
- Liberty Bank Fellowship, 2011 – 2015
“Estrangement, Epochē, and Performance: Bertolt Brecht’s Verfremdungseffekt and a Phenomenology of Spectatorship.” Continental Philosophy Review, forthcoming.
“Sounding Queer: Sound Studies, Queer Phenomenology, and Sexual Orientations in Sonic Space,” to be presented at PhiloSOPHIA, Vanderbilt University, May 2020.
“Strong ‘For a Girl’: Sports Science, Femininity, and Athletic Gatekeepers of Gender,” presented at the Global Status of Women and Girls Conference, CNU, March 2018.
“An Ethic of Trauma,” presented at the American Philosophical Association (APA) Central Division Meeting, Chicago IL, February 2018.
““An Ethic of Time: Establishing a Temporal Dimension in the Original Position,” presented at the Midwest Society for Women in Philosophy (SWIP) Conference, Cleveland State University, November 2017.
“Beyond Butler: Homonormativity and Gender Superpositions,” presented at the Graduate Consortium for Women’s Studies Conference, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, April 2017.
As Co-Instructor at Emory University:
- Ancient and Medieval Philosophy (PHIL 200), Dr. Bredlau, Spring 2020
As Teaching Assistant at Emory University:
- History of Moral and Political Philosophy (PHIL 220W), Dr. McAfee, Fall 2019
As Teaching Assistant at George Washington University:
- Arab Politics (IAFF 2190W), Dr. Charles Kiamie, Spring 2017/2018
- Business Law and Ethics (BADM 4101), Dr. de los Reyes, Spring 2017
- Politics and Cultures of the Middle East (2190W), Dr. Charles Kiamie, Fall 2016/2017
- Research Intern, Institute for Women’s Policy Research, 2017
- Legislative Aide to Representative Farley-Bouvier, Massachusetts State House, 2015
- Field Organizing and Research Intern, MassEquality, 2012
In the Department:
- Graduate Representative, 2019 – 2020
- Treasurer, Friday Philosophy Forum, 2019 – 2020
- Board Member, Friday Philosophy Forum, 2018 – 2019