everet [dot] smith [at] emory [dot] edu
MA Ethics & Applied Philosophy (Graduate Certificate in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies), University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC), 2021
BA Philosophy (Minor in Sustainable Development), Appalachian State University, 2018
Latin American philosophy, Chicana thought, anticolonial theory, Native American philosophy, Marxism and historical materialism, German Idealism (esp. Hegel), phenomenology, critical theory (esp. the Frankfurt School), ecocriticism
- Data Ethics (Graduate Teaching Assistant). UNC Charlotte (Spring 2021).
- Philosophy of Love & Sex (Graduate Teaching Assistant). UNC Charlotte (Spring 2020).
- Healthcare Ethics (Graduate Teaching Assistant). UNC Charlotte (Fall 2019, Fall 2020).
Peer Reviewed Articles
- “Antichinismo, Hygiene, and Mestizaje in the work of José Vasconcelos: or, the Development of an Incommensurable Whiteness” in Aztlán: A Journal of Chicano Studies. (Forthcoming, fall 2023.)
Peer Reviewed Book Chapters
- “Slaughterhouses, Racialized Labor, and Abolition Democracy,” co-authored with Andrea J. Pitts, in Toward a Political Philosophy of Science: Democracy, Science, and Technology, ed. Obed Frousto (New York: Palgrave, forthcoming).
- Firmin DeBrabander, Life After Privacy: Reclaiming Democracy in a Surveillance Society, in Ethics and Information Technology v. 24, 29 (July 19 2022).
- Mary K. Coffey, Orozco’s American Epic: Myth, History, and the Melancholy of Race, in American Society for Aesthetics Graduate Journal, vol. 13, no. 2 (December, 2021).
- “generosity” in PEACE ON EARTH. Issue 1, June 2021.
Awards & Grants
- Cyrus M. Johnson, Sr. Scholarship, University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2021)
- Ann C. Carver Graduate Essay Award, University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2021)
- Master’s Merit Award, University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2019)