Fifth year in Ph.D
Dissertation: Memory Remains: Memory, Technology, Poetry
Committee: Andrew Mitchell (chair), Elissa Marder, John Lysaker
M.A., Philosophy, University of Oregon, 2015
B.A., summa cum laude, Philosophy and English Literature, Pacific University, 2013
19th and 20th century continental philosophy (esp. Heidegger, Benjamin, Bataille, Derrida, Schelling), aesthetics (esp. literature), philosophy of memory, history of philosophy, classical Islamic philosophy (esp. al-Ghazali, Ibn Tufayl, Ibn Khaldun), deconstruction, William Faulkner
- “Good Enough Justice? Stanley Cavell and Walter Benjamin on the Moral Demands of Justice.” In Philosophy Today (Forthcoming, 2020).
- “‘The Unity that is Indivisibly Present in Each Thing’: Reason, Activity, and Construction in Schelling’s Identity Philosophy.” In Kabiri: The Official Journal of the North American Schelling Society 2 (Forthcoming 2020)
- “‘Victory is an Illusion of Philosophers and Fools’: Heidegger, Faulkner, and the Ruination of the Proper.” In The Poets and Heidegger. Edited by Florian Grosser and Nassima Sahraoui. New Heidegger Research. London: Rowman & Littlefield, Forthcoming 2020.
- “Distracted Images: Zerstreuung, Ablenkung, Konstellation.” Thinking in Constellations: Walter Benjamin in the Humanities. Edited by Nassima Sahraoui and Caroline Sauter. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2018. 145-159.
- “Benjamin, Baudelaire, and the Irony of Reading.” Benjamin’s Baudelaire: Constellations of Modernity. May 10th, 2019. London, England.
- Invited Lecture, “Photographic Remembrance: Image and Memory in Lessing and Benjamin,” as part of the seminar Time and Image: Benjamin and the Reading of History with Ronald Mendoza de Jesús. March 2019. Università degli Studi di Salerno, Italy.
- “The Power of a Proper Self: Derrida’s Unpublished Remarks on the Beiträge,” With Ronald Mendoza-de Jesús. The Fifty-Second Meeting of the Heidegger Circle. May 4th, 2018. Baltimore, Maryland.
- “The Thin Veil: Reason, Revelation, and Esoteric Translation in Ibn Tufayl.” The Fourth Annual Meeting of the History of Philosophy Society. April 13th, 2018. San Antonio, Texas.
- “Hospitality, Sovereignty, Poetry: Heidegger and the Ethics of Reading in the »Andenken« Seminar.” Heidegger, Ethical Life, Dwelling. October 28, 2017. London, Ontario.
- Philosophy of Religion: Revelation and Reason, Emory University, Spring 2018
- Introduction to Ethics: the Good and the Just, Emory University, Fall 2017
- Renaissance and Modern Philosophy, co-taught with Professor Huseyinzadegan, Emory University, Spring 2017
- Ancient and Medieval Philosophy, Emory University, Fall 2016
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies, University of Oregon, Winter 2015
- Classics, University of Oregon, Fall 2014
- First Year Seminar: Biopolitics, Pacific University, Fall 2013
- First Year Seminar: Ethics in Society, Pacific University, Fall 2010