Who to Contact: Navigating the Compass Maze

Confused? Puzzled? Perplexed? Baffled? Bewildered? Driven witless? Can any of the aforementioned adjectives be used to describe you? If so, keep reading. Scene: you have a question and don’t know who to call. Do you:

• Ask your colleague?
  • Call/email the Compass help desk?
  • Call/email your OSP/OGCA representative?
  • All of the above?

There are numerous resources available to the end user (you) to help answer your questions, but which resource is the best? Here are a few questions to ask yourself to help make that decision easier and get your questions answered faster.

1. Does the question sound something like, “How do I show in EPEX that I have a subrecipient in my budget?” or “What do I do if the PI I need to select is not in the system?” Email the Grants Help Desk
  2. Is the problem more like, “I need to enter a Journal Entry and don’t have access/know how?” Refer to the Compass web page for online tutorials/job aids and more. Additioanlly, calling the Compass Help Desk will get your issue resolved.
  3. Does your query sound like, “Where is my NOA?”, “I don’t have access to the NIH commons”, or “How do I delete a row from the SF-424?” Call/email your OSP analyst.
  4. How about this? “Does my project have carry over?”, “Has the FSR been sent to the sponsor?”, “How do I unfreeze my account?” Call/email your OGCA analyst.
  5. Sound familiar? “I received my eNOA email but the system isn’t working/can’t access the document/isn’t there.” Email the DMG listserv.

This entry was posted in Announcements, Compass. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.