Graduate Students

Lauren Bertin
Clinical Psychology Graduate Student

Learn more about Lauren

Lauren graduated from Bennington College with a B.A. in science and scientific communication. While obtaining a second bachelor’s degree in psychology at the City University of New York at Hunter College, she joined the laboratory of Dr. Joel Erblich and became particularly interested in the etiology and development of substance use disorders. She hopes to advance personalized prevention practices and treatment by leveraging behavioral genetics to unravel individual differences that persistently emerge in the study of addiction. Currently, Lauren is investigating the interplay between executive functioning, self-regulation, and problematic substance use.

email lauren
Kathleen Martin
Clinical Psychology Graduate Student

Learn more about Kathleen

While I am originally from the Chicago area, I went to the University of Minnesota for my Bachelor of Science Degree. I am a first-year graduate student in the Clinical Psychology program. I am interested in genetic and environmental contributions of internalizing and externalizing disorders. I am especially interested in identifying factors that lead to increased instances of substance abuse, with the long-term goal of reducing the economic burden of addiction. I will be assisting with MAPMe data collection at the Atlanta and Oxford campuses. When I’m not in the lab, you’ll find me running or looking for dogs to pet!

Email Kathleen
Ami Ikeda

Learn more about Ami

Ami is interested in understanding the genetic and environmental contributions in the development of substance use disorders. In addition, she wants to examine the neurological, biological, and behavioral changes that occur within young adults and adolescents with substance use disorders and understand the process of addiction, to better inform treatment options and interventions. Ami will be joining the lab in the fall of 2020.